The group is particularly interested in new network services such as mobility and data diffusion, and new technologies such as wireless networks and their impact on core networks (scalability) or access networks. This research has broad applications, such as embedded systems in vehicles or video broadcasting. The proposed solutions are validated either by simulation or implementation over local or internet testbeds. A large-scale open testbed, including mobile sensors, has been deployed as part of the french testbed SensLab.
- Multicast routing and data distribution, data source discovery
- Multicast management and security
- Multipath routing, restoration and load sharing
- Mobility and handover optimization
- Multiple network interface management
- Wireless communication optimization and energy management
- Diffusion with mobile sources and receivers
- Mobile networks and vehicles
- Wireless Sensor networks
- Network topologies and simulation
Latest news and events
- Dec. 16th, 2014: The group is happy to welcome back Thomas Holterbach (IIJ - ETHZurich internship). His talk on Atlas measurements for routing reconfiguration analysis is available here.
- Dec. 15th, 2014: Oana Iova defended her PhD thesis, congratulations. Hang in at [University of Trento
- Nov. 1st, 2014: welcome to Nabil Nouri, PhD student at the university Ziane Achour, who will stay here for the next 18 months.
- Oct. 28th, 2014: congratulations to Geriogios Papadopoulos and his advisors who won the best student paper award at Sensors 2014.
- Sept. 23nd, 2014: The group is hosting Yves Vanaubel (Ph.d. student ULg) in the context of the PHC TOURNESOL project. Our common work focuses on the classification of MPLS tunnels considering traffic engineering.
- Sept. 22nd, 2014: Francois Clad defended his PhD thesis, congratulations. Hang in at IMDEA
- Dec. 11, 2013 : The group is hosting Stefano Vissichio (post-doc UCL) for a one week visit. His talk "Theory and Practice of Routing Configuration Testing" is available here.
- Oct. 13, 2013 : The group is hosting Yves Vanaubel (ph.d. student ULg) in the context of the PHC TOURNESOL project. His talk on Tracebox is available here.
- Aug. 28, 2013 : The group is hosting Pr. Jialiang Lu (Jiaotong University) (CNRS/NSFC DREAM project).
- Aug. 19th, 2013 : The group is hosting Hoang-Hiep Hut & Hoang-Linh To (PhD students at Inje University, Corée) (PHC DCNSO project).
- Apr. 8th, 2013 : The group is hosting Yves Vanaubel (PhD student ULg) for a one week visit in the context of a PHC project. His talk on TTL-fingerprinting is available here.
- Feb. 2nd, 2013 The group is hosting Thong Huynh (PhD student at Inje University, Korea) for a one month invited visit (PHC DCNSO project).